Tampa Divorce Attorney
Se Habla Español Call NOW for a FREE Consultation 813-321-3421
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linked In
  • Google+
  • Search

How do I get divorce by default in Florida?

If you file for your divorce and you serve your spouse with a copy of that petition and your divorce does not file an answer within the 20 days that they are required to, then you can ask for a default from the clerk. What that means is that if your spouse never shows up for anything, then your divorce would just be automatically granted with the things that you are asking for in the divorce. Now, of course, if there is children involved, there is going to be more information the court is going to need. You don’t just get to decide their sole custody on your side because you have a default. The court would go into the best interest of the child to try to determine that. Otherwise, you would basically get what you are asking for in the divorce.

All Family Law Group, P.A.
The law firm of All Family Law Group (Lynette Silon-Laguna, P.A.) provides legal services to the cities of Tampa, Clearwater, Brandon, Riverview, Lakeland, Valrico, Gibsonton, Lithia, Mango, Palm River, Plant City, Seffner, Sun City Center, Apollo Beach, Ruskin, Temple Terrace, Carrollwood, Thonotosassa, Lutz, FishHawk, MacDill Air Force Base, and all of Hillsborough, Pinellas & Polk Counties.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

No content on this site may be reused in any fashion without written permission from www.FamilyMaritalLaw.com

MileMark Media - Practice Growth Solutions

© 2014 - 2017 All Family Law Group, P.A. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.

Contact Form Tab