Tampa Name Change Attorneys
Experienced & Responsive Lawyers
Having your name legally changed involves statutory procedures and is limited by court criteria. At All Family Law Group, P.A. the Tampa name change lawyers make it easy for you to change your name. We will handle the entire process for you and explain to you both the court’s requirements for changing your name and your options for proceeding.
Both children and adults may have their names changed. While changing the surname is most common, usually a first, middle and/or last name may be changed.
Our clients cite many reasons for changing their names and the names of their children, including:
- They do not like all or part of their name
- They would like their children’s names and the name of their spouse to be the same
- A spouse would like to re-adopt his or her previous name following a divorce
- They are required to have a name change to obtain their Florida Driver’s License under the new requirements. Go to http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/firstflorida.html for information on obtaining or renewing your Florida driver’s license or identification card.
In most instances, a name change is possible. Court criteria is quite accommodating and allows adults over the age of 18 to change their names, as well as:
- A husband, wife and children in a family
- A minor child’s name by a parent, providing the non-requesting parent consents or fails to respond to the petition, or if the court finds that a name change would serve the child’s best interest
Courts may be reluctant to allow a name change if the requester has a criminal record, is filing bankruptcy, has a judgment entered against him or her, or is seeking to avoid creditors. In all cases, we will build a strong case, if necessary and present it in court.
Divorce and Changing Your Name
If you are divorcing and wish to change your name, it is important that you do so at the time of your divorce. It is much simpler and will not cost you any additional funds to change your name as part of your final divorce judgment. We have handled hundreds of divorce cases, and have a long record of success also in handling name change cases.
Contact Our Tampa Name Change & Family Law Attorneys
If you have questions regarding names change, contact the law firm of All Family Law Group, P.A. We provide a free initial consultation, and we accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express, etc. and charge reasonable and competitive rates. Furthermore, to assist you we have a team of highly qualified attorneys and legal staff committed to providing to you with the best representation possible.
For your convenience we have offices throughout Tampa Bay. Contact our firm by e-mail or call 813-672-1900 to schedule a free initial consultation. We will respond at our earliest opportunity!