Tampa Divorce Attorney
Se Habla EspaƱol Call NOW for a FREE Consultation 813-672-1900
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linked In
  • Google+
  • Search

If I move out and file for divorce from a non-working spouse, must I pay her rent and bills is she does not work?

Yes. You do have a duty to support your spouse if your spouse is not working, so you want to make sure that you continue to pay the household bills. Now you don’t have to pay for extras like cable or gym memberships, anything like that, but you do need to provide the necessities. If you don’t, they can file an emergency motion and the court will force you to do that, and, of course, you’ll look bad in front of the judge. You want to make sure that if you are the only one supporting your spouse that you continue to do that throughout the divorce process.

All Family Law Group, P.A.
The law firm of All Family Law Group (Lynette Silon-Laguna, P.A.) provides legal services to the cities of Tampa, Clearwater, Brandon, Riverview, Lakeland, Valrico, Gibsonton, Lithia, Mango, Palm River, Plant City, Seffner, Sun City Center, Apollo Beach, Ruskin, Temple Terrace, Carrollwood, Thonotosassa, Lutz, FishHawk, MacDill Air Force Base, and all of Hillsborough, Pinellas & Polk Counties.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

No content on this site may be reused in any fashion without written permission from www.FamilyMaritalLaw.com

MileMark Media - Practice Growth Solutions

© 2014 - 2017 All Family Law Group, P.A. All rights reserved.
This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.

Contact Form Tab