Tampa, Riverview Experienced Alimony Attorneys
Brandon, Valrico, Lithia, Apollo Beach and all of Hillsborough County, Florida
Florida alimony and support law presently is very imprecise. Numerous factors can determine the amount of alimony to be granted, or even whether it will be granted at all. Family courts presently have great discretion in determining which factors to consider and in weighing the factors. For instance, courts may consider:
- The length of the marriage
- A party’s ability to pay the support, and the other party’s need for the support
- The standard of living during the marriage
- Whether a party has been unemployed to care for the parties’ child or children
- Whether a party gave up a career to benefit the marriage
- Whether a party became disabled during the marriage and is not self supporting
- The marital and non-marital assets and debts of the marriage and their division
- Familiar with the Statutes and case law criteria in determining whether obtaining alimony is realistic and if so, a determination of a realistic amount
- Experienced in building a strong case that supports your alimony goals
When working to achieve your alimony goals, it is important that you work with a dedicated and responsive Tampa alimony support lawyer.
The alimony attorneys at the Tampa family and divorce law firm of All Family Law Group have a long record of helping hundreds of people successfully meet their spousal maintenance and support goals. Do you have questions regarding how to limit the amount of alimony you will pay, or how to maximize the amount of alimony you will receive? Contact the Tampa alimony attorneys by email or call us at 866-719-1674, 813-902-3903 for a free initial consultation at our Tampa, FL or Riverview, FL office.
Alimony falls into the following categories:
1. Bridge the Gap Alimony - this is usually paid in short term marriages where one spouse needs alimony for a short and definitive period of time to get back on his or her feet after the marriage is over.
2. Rehabilitative Alimony - a definitive plan whereby alimony is awarded to the receiving spouse to continue with his or her education to obtain a certain degree and for a certain period of time.
3. Durational Alimony - this type of alimony is generally awarded for longer term marriages providing support for a limited period of time.
4. Permanent Periodic Alimony - this type of alimony may be awarded in long-term marriages and usually terminates upon the death of either party or remarriage of the receiving party. It can be modified if there is a substantial change in circumstances.
5. Lump Sum Alimony - a certain amount of alimony paid at one time and it is non-modifiable.
6. Combination of the above
In addition, the periods of a marriage are specified in the alimony statute as follows beginning from the date of marriage through the date the petition for divorce is filed:
1 - 7 years - short term
8 - 17 years - moderate term
Over 18 years - long term
Our experienced Tampa alimony attorneys will work with you to help you determine the alimony you will likely pay or receive, answer your questions and provide informed legal representation.
Contact our Tampa, Riverview Alimony Lawyers at All Family Law Group, P.A.
If you have questions regarding divorce, family law, adoption, name changes or bankruptcy, as well as foreclosure defense, contact the law firm of All Family Law Group. We provide a free initial consultation, accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express, and charge reasonable and competitive rates. Furthermore, to assist you we have a team of associate attorneys and legal staff committed to providing to you the best representation possible.
Our main office is conveniently located in the Riverview/Brandon area on Highway 301 South directly off of Interstate 75, near the intersection of Bloomingdale Avenue and we have a satellite office in Hyde Park which is minutes from the Crosstown Expressway. Contact our firm by e-mail or call 866-719-1674, 813-902-3903. We will respond at our earliest opportunity!
The family law attorneys in our Tampa, FL and Riverview, FL offices serve all of Hillsborough County, including Tampa, Riverview, Brandon, Gibsonton, Fishhawk Ranch, Apollo Beach, Valrico, Lithia, Temple Terrace, Thonotosassa, Sun City Center, Mango, Plant City, Ruskin, and Wimauma, Florida as well as MacDill Air Force Base.
By Lynette Silon-Laguna